who we are
Marquette Partners is a leading proprietary trading firm that trades a variety of asset classes on every major exchange across the globe. Headquartered in Chicago, Marquette has over twenty five years of experience in cultivating talented trading professionals that embrace the entrepreneurial spirit.
We offer capital, infrastructure, and clearing relationships that are crucial to success in the trading industry. By utilizing a wide variety of trading styles, combined with cutting-edge technology and metrics, Marquette Partners has been able to recruit and develop an exceptional group of professional traders dedicated to maximizing their full potential.
Marquette Partners was founded by James F. Heinz and Robert B. Moore as a small arbitrage firm in 1990, consisting of a handful of employees implementing a few arbitrage strategies on the DTB and LIFFE. In the years since, Marquette has grown to encompass over one hundred traders, including individuals trading for their own account and groups of traders that have developed their own strategies and run semi-autonomously. Marquette has been a significant presence on the CBOT in both fixed income and agricultural futures/options for years and is also an active participant in FX trading.
Marquette Partners is dedicated to building an organization of extraordinary individual traders and groups that have the passion and commitment required to monetize market opportunities. Though our operation has grown exponentially since our founding in 1990, Marquette continues to embody the values of trust, loyalty, and mutual respect that have helped us create a culture of success. Our wealth of experience and our ongoing commitment to excellence has fostered a positive environment for nurturing personal and professional growth. Marquette strives to promote a close-knit atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration among its individual traders and groups, while providing the technical and back office support necessary for successful trading.
Marquette Partners prides itself on being an inclusive and supportive environment, both for our employees and towards the community at large. We believe it’s important to regularly plan events in which our staff can socialize away from the stresses of the workplace. Marquette organizes both a holiday party and summer outing each year, as well as other events designed to build community. We also recognize the importance of engaging with the local community. In addition to the many Chicago charity initiatives we support—such as the FIA’s “Futures Cares” organization and the Juvenile Protection Agency—we are also sensitive to the concerns and causes of our employees. Marquette has supported many charitable initiatives that have touched our employees on a more personal basis.
What We Do
Marquette Partners utilizes a multi-faceted trading style, covering a wide variety of products across all asset classes. We hold memberships on every major electronic exchange and trade a variety of products, including options on fixed income instruments, agricultural products, and commodities. We also actively trade algorithmically on futures and cash instruments. Marquette is agnostic with regards to trading platforms, and supports most front end ISVs; this gives us the flexibility to partner with many established trading groups.
Individual candidates are either selected through on-campus recruiting or resumes submitted through our website. Over the years, our rigorous training program has developed a multitude of highly successful traders.
Trading groups with proven track records that have the desire to build their own brand are also a precious commodity at Marquette. We diligently screen and carefully select our trading partners to ensure that not only will they provide the desired return on capital, but that they will also be a good fit for our office culture.
Marquette Partners is always looking for the next rising star. Prior trading experience, though helpful, is not required to be successful at Marquette; our comprehensive training program will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in futures trading. Over the past 25 years, Marquette has successfully trained and nurtured a wide variety of talent in the trading industry. Qualities we look for in prospective traders include strong analytical and mathematical skills, critical thinking, and the ability to make decisions quickly and decisively. Programming experience is also beneficial, but not required for the position unless otherwise stated.
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vison Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Coverage
- Short-term Disability and Maternity Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Competive Salary with Discretionary Bonus
- Complimentary Breakfast and Snacks
- Lunch Delivery Program
- On-site Workout Facility
Asian/European Shift Trading Trainee
Marquette is seeking an entry level Asian/European shift Trading Trainee who will be responsible for supporting trading desk operations.
The right candidate will have passion for capital markets, work well in a collaborative team setting and be a motivated self-starter. The candidates should be willing to work on Asian/European shifts as required by the team’s need.
+ Primary Responsiblities
- Operate and monitor trading systems
- Manage all trading activity
- Control portfolio risk
- Performing start of day position and activity reconciliation
- Complete end of day PNL and position reporting
- Perform post trade analysis on a variety of algorithmic trading strategies
- Communicating with internal technology groups regarding trading systems issues
+ Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, engineering, finance, accounting, or related field, with GPA > 3.3
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Great attention to detail
- Familiar with Excel
- Knowledge with R and/or Python is a plus
- Knowledge with Linux operation system is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Bonus - previous experience in trading with strong understanding of financial investment concepts
C++ Senior Developer:
We are expanding our organization in Chicago and we are looking for qualified developers to join our growing team. This is the perfect role for candidates looking to step into a leadership role and take on new and exciting projects.
+ Required Skills and Experience
- Strong programming skills in C++
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience
- Trading industry and/or simulation experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Experience creating high throughput and low latency systems
- Multi-threaded systems
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- TCP/IP, UDP, sockets, network protocols
- Object-oriented design and programming
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred
+ Desired but Not Required
- design and build complex trading systems
- FIX protocol and feed handler knowledge
- Strong understanding of full software stack
- Implement low-latency market access solutions
- Diagnose latency issues and resolve via tuning and optimizations
- Knowledge of Windows helpful
Experienced Futures Trader:
Marquette Partners is always seeking to recruit talented and experienced traders for their Chicago team. Traders confident in their ability and knowledgeable across any or all asset classes will be considered. Experience in proprietary trading at a hedge fund or investment bank is preferred. Highly energetic, motivated, and results-driven individuals looking for a new challenge should apply.
+ preferred qualifications:
- A proven track record of profitable trading (minimum mid-six figures annually).
- Self-starters with strong interpersonal and decision making skills.
- Individuals who demonstrate an excellent fundamental understanding of markets and spreads.
- Ability to identify trading opportunities and develop proprietary trading strategies based on their own analysis.
- Willingness to work within given risk management guidelines.
Experienced Quantitative Trader:
As an Experienced Quantitative Trader with a record of success you will be empowered to capitalize on your experience, building a business within a business and deploying capital across your strategies.
You will have access to high-resolution historical data sets, high fidelity simulation and back testing tools. You will work closely with the technical and risk teams, optimizing and deploying new trading strategies.
+ Required Qualifications
- A proven track record of profitable trading leveraging quantitative analysis skills: analyzing large datasets; building statistical models; back-testing; optimization (minimum seven figures annually)
- Strong understanding and experience with practical application of statistics: hypothesis tests, confidence levels, simulation
- BS, MS, or PhD in an analytical/quantitative related field of study
- Experience with programming in MATLAB or Python
- Superb analytical and mathematical skills
- Experience pricing, analyzing, and trading futures and/or option on futures
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving and competitive environment
- Self-starters with strong interpersonal and decision making skills
- Willingness to work within given risk management guidelines
+ What you'll do
- Develop, maintain and enhance trading models, algorithms and systems
- Trade a range of financial instruments
- Manage execution and risk of complex trading portfolios
- Research new market opportunities leveraging varying techniques