Marquette Partners is always looking for the next rising star. Prior trading experience, though helpful, is not required to be successful at Marquette; our comprehensive training program will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in futures trading. Over the past 25 years, Marquette has successfully trained and nurtured a wide variety of talent in the trading industry. Qualities we look for in prospective traders include strong analytical and mathematical skills, critical thinking, and the ability to make decisions quickly and decisively. Programming experience is also beneficial, but not required for the position unless otherwise stated.
- Medical and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vison Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Coverage
- Short-term Disability and Maternity Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Competive Salary with Discretionary Bonus
- Complimentary Breakfast and Snacks
- Lunch Delivery Program
Experienced Futures Trader:
Marquette Partners is always seeking to recruit talented and experienced traders for their Chicago team. Traders confident in their ability and knowledgeable across any or all asset classes will be considered. Experience in proprietary trading at a hedge fund or investment bank is preferred; candidates without prior experience who are interested in trading should apply for the Associate Trader position. Highly energetic, motivated, and results-driven individuals looking for a new challenge should apply.
+ preferred qualifications:
- A proven track record of profitable trading (minimum mid-six figures annually).
- Self-starters with strong interpersonal and decision making skills.
- Individuals who demonstrate an excellent fundamental understanding of markets and spreads.
- Ability to identify trading opportunities and develop proprietary trading strategies based on their own analysis.
- Willingness to work within given risk management guidelines.
Marquette is seeking self-motivated, highly energetic individuals interested in learning the business of trading from the ground up. Potential candidates should possess strong analytical skills who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Marquette Partners employs a comprehensive training program for its associate traders. The program includes classroom training, simulated electronic trading, and opportunities to attend presentations given by prominent figures in the trading industry. In addition, associate traders will be mentored by Marquette’s senior-level traders.
+ Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required; majors in Math, Finance, or Engineering is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiastic attitude.
- The drive to work as a productive member of the team and supporting the trading group as needed.
- An interest in learning the business of trading.
Work in Shanghai as a junior trader:
Location: Shanghai, China.
Start Date: Immediate
Our quantitatively driven trading firm seeks motivated and quantitatively skilled candidates to work as a trader. As a junior trader, you will learn about algorithmic trading and derivative markets, providing the support for more experienced traders as you build your knowledge base. Ideally, you should be eager to learn, value exciting challenges, and welcome constructive feedback as you progress. We provide comprehensive training to all our new traders so prior experience in trading is not necessary and we will teach you skills needed to improve and develop trading strategies. We are looking for individuals with strong math or computer science backgrounds, with a strong desire to work in trading.
+ Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Math, Physics, Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, or other science/math majors or Master’s Degree in Computational Finance, Finance, or Financial Mathematics.
- Outstanding quantitative and logical reasoning skills.
- Ability to work and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to constantly improve.
- Experience in programming is preferred, but not required.