Marquette Partners is always looking for the next rising star. Prior trading experience, though helpful, is not required to be successful at Marquette; our comprehensive training program will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in futures trading. Over the past 25 years, Marquette has successfully trained and nurtured a wide variety of talent in the trading industry. Qualities we look for in prospective traders include strong analytical and mathematical skills, critical thinking, and the ability to make decisions quickly and decisively. Programming experience is also beneficial, but not required for the position unless otherwise stated.
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vison Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Coverage
- Short-term Disability and Maternity Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Competive Salary with Discretionary Bonus
- Complimentary Breakfast and Snacks
- Lunch Delivery Program
- On-site Workout Facility
As Quantitative Researcher, you will work primarily on building, back-testing, and optimizing quantitative trading strategies. You will work with large amounts of high-resolution, high-frequency historical data sets and use variety of statistical methods to back-test trading models against it. You will work closely with traders on testing, optimizing, and implementing new trading ideas as well as improving existing trading models and validating their real-life performance against that predicted by the model.
+ Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in quantitative discipline (computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics) from a top university. Master's or Ph. D. prefferred.
- Proven quantitative analysis skills: analyzing large datasets; building statistical models; back-testing; optimization.
- Strong understanding and experience with practical application of statistics: hypothesis tests, confidence levels, simulation.
- At least 2 years experience with one of the following statistical language/package: Python for finance (Pandas, Numpy, etc.); MATLAB: R
- Experience and strong interest in financial markets and trading
- Preferred Qualifications
- Software development/programming experience with languages such as C, C#, C++ or Java
- Experience with Excel and VBA
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, and time-series databases
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and/or Reuters
Experienced Futures Trader:
Marquette Partners is always seeking to recruit talented and experienced traders for their Chicago team. Traders confident in their ability and knowledgeable across any or all asset classes will be considered. Experience in proprietary trading at a hedge fund or investment bank is preferred. Highly energetic, motivated, and results-driven individuals looking for a new challenge should apply.
+ preferred qualifications:
- A proven track record of profitable trading (minimum mid-six figures annually).
- Self-starters with strong interpersonal and decision making skills.
- Individuals who demonstrate an excellent fundamental understanding of markets and spreads.
- Ability to identify trading opportunities and develop proprietary trading strategies based on their own analysis.
- Willingness to work within given risk management guidelines.